Saturday, April 23, 2011

And so it begins...

My name is Schwartz...Eric Schwartz.  I am tall, dark, and handsome (minus the dark and handsome).  Aquarius is my sign, although I've heard that may have changed recently.  I am a warehouse worker by day and a security guard by night, but I'm trying to get into law enforcement.  My wedding is in two months, for which I am excited beyond imagination.  And, above all that I am a man who loves God.  He is an amazing Father and Lord.

But...more importantly for all of you I am an avid reader.  My genre of choice is Fantasy, but I also read modern fiction, sci-fi, military novels, biographies, classics, and just about anything I can get my hands on (except for sex novels...Jiminy Cricket I hate those).  Whenever I finish reading a new book, I love telling my friends and family about it.  Then one day one of those friends came up with an idea:

     FRIEND:  You start a blog reviewing books.
     ME:  I should...(contemplatively)
     FRIEND:  You should!
     ME:  I SHALT!!!
     FRIEND:  Whoo...there's no need to "shalt", I can hear you just fine.

Ok, so he didn't really say that last part.  I just like corny jokes.  Anyway.......

Fast forward six months:

     FRIEND:  So did you start that blog?  I want to read it.
     ME:  I...the thing is....well you see...(looking very much like a kid caught playing when he was supposed to be mowing the lawn)
     FRIEND:  You lazy bum.
     ME:  Your mom is a lazy bum.

So a week later we get out of jail for fighting in public, and I finally start the blog.  Check out my reviews in the weeks to come.  Hopefully I won't be so busy that it takes me another six months to post one.

Feel free to give me any recommendations.  Have a book that you love and want to spread the word?  Then tell me about it.  Saw a book on the shelf that you're not sure if you should waste your time with it?  Allow me to waste my time, and I'll tell you if it was worth while.  Are you a newly published author and want people to hear about your book?  I love reading new authors...LOVE reading them.  Tell me about your book (or shoot me an ARC if it's not released yet) and I'd be honored to review it.

Until next time...keep readin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment